Friday, September 10, 2010

Uhf Balun Transformer

Márquez Isabel Muñoz. The love and ecstasy

On Thursday gave the official start to autumn exhibition and many were the exhibition opening, María Inés Platero in Barrenechea, the selection of the Injuve Círculo de Bellas Artes ... but I went to see the exhibition of Isabel Muñoz, love and ecstasy extended until the end of September, when they closed the Canal room for remodeling.

I went to see her and still do not know if I experienced emotional impact aesthetic enjoyment or looking at his work. I have mixed feelings with this exhibition.

installation work in a space so difficult, is impeccable and the best I've laid in that room, where most of the time the works are crumbling under the architecture. One of the curators of the exhibition is the architect Blanca Lleo and safe it is for this reason that the photographs have a duel cruel, but even, with the water tank.

Isabel Muñoz is one of the English photographers whose work will soon deserve a national award of the discipline, only awarded to three women: Cristina Garcia Rodero Barbara Allende Ouka Lelee-and Mary Bledsoe (Bledsoe and Pink).

The arrangement of the works in the eclectic brick tower, beautiful industrial architecture, (1907-1911) is an ascent to spirituality. On the ground floor, ceremonies of mystical ecstasy, are recognizable for being close to the English mystic, sober, powerful use of black and architectural treatment of the bodies as a mark of the artist.

The rise, while a projection dome tour is still a little unsettling to us, we must stop turning a blind eye. The drama of the images reaches its zenith. Isabel Muñoz has compared these images with the English baroque style carvings of Gregorio Fernández. In the videos, the facility makes us voyeurs , offenders forbidden space, look at what we are denied and the cruelty of the images makes our eyes can not sustain the dramatic tension.

If we continue to climb, we turned to cross another state of mind. We find the ceremony of the dervishes. The images invite us has again delayed its contemplation. There are words full of magic, and I drag the words d e r i v ch is g r i or v ag os, I discovered in the dazzling prose Lezama Lima in Opiano Licario , a long time - Navokov confesses in his memoirs that imagine some words vibrant colors. So, perhaps, to contemplate the sculptural photographs, immensely plastic forms, that enchantment I moved to images, and sat down in front of them pleasantly, remembering, enjoying quietly after the flight of the images that people will swallow knives and unnecessarily hurt.

And an exhibition that glorifies the language Baroque, it is worth quoting the Cuban poet who handles the overflow Caribbean baroque language:

is haunted, but happily, with an immense depth pleasant.


0 comments:

Post a Comment